Thursday 23 May 2013

MY BRAIN HURTS

Now that I am ensconced in solitary (almost- spouse is here with me) glory in Shoreham, the family weekender, I actually have a few minutes to think and write. It's been nuts with work, looking after grandchildren, and still no washing machine. 2 weeks now. Been taking it to my sister inlaw's place. 
As an aside, may I give you a word of advice? If you are looking for appliance repair, and you google, and you find a nice, easy to use website with email contact, BUT the only phone number is a cell phone - don't go there. This guy is probably a one man operator who calls in his mates as needed and has no inventory of parts and thus any part will take forever. So Mr Washing Machine, you stooged me. You sound nice on the phone but you really got me good. I paid $138 ( Cash! Because you are having some temporary banking issues and so cannot take a credit card; more bullshit!) for your 'technicians' - 2 Lebanese wogboys, all struts and attitude,  to walk in the door the day after my SOS and look at the machine for 20 seconds; your assurance that I won't have to pay for the visit when they return to affix the part, trapped me. I even offered to courier or FedEx the part from wherever, but no.  So it will be another week. 3 weeks or more! Without a washing machine and 3 little kids in the house. Folks, here's an anti-endorsement: do NOT use Mr Washing Machine. So there. 
I just did 2 loads of laundry here in Shoreham and I actually enjoyed it. 
Enough about domestic shit. 
My brain is split into 3 compartments. One has got all the house stuff stuffed into it, family and all that too. One thinks about Israel, Jewish stuff, world politics, anti Semitism, the Jihadist threat to the world and stuff like that. And the other is relevant to my work: Breastfeeding, birth, mothers and babies. There's been so damn much going on in all three compartments that I haven't had a chance to think, but now... Oh crap, it's nearly Shabbos. 
To be continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment