Sunday 20 January 2013

Oh, boobs.


Am I supposed to comment on David Koch's comment about breastfeeding in public, after some mum fed her baby by the side of a public swimming pool? How he is 'for breastfeeding' but that women should be 'classy' about it, ie. go away and cover up. I guess. Although he had no trouble judging bikini girl fashion on his TV show. Oh, what's there to say, the guy is a dick. That's my comment.
I can't stand the way this stuff throws breastfeeding in to the public consciousness. WHO CARES. In Australia, anyway, this fight has been already fought and won; women are legally entitled to feed their babies wherever they want. And no women I have ever seen or known show as much as a flash of flesh anyway. They don't hoick out a giant boob and wave it around. And even if they did, so what.
I am also much peeved at people who say things like 'oh, if it's so natural then why don't I just take a dump in public, that's natural too.' Yes, in 2013 there are people who actually argue this. To these Neanderthal ignoramuses I say, fools, breast milk is a secretion, not an excretion. Milk is a nutrient, not a waste product. Milk smells and tastes sweet and pleasant. So shut up. The end.
Back to Kochie. He may be a financial whiz but beyond that he is an ignorant schmuck. It's almost traditional to be outraged by him or to feel the need to mock him several times a year, if one could be bothered watching his drivelous morning show. The last time I had the misfortune to hear his opinions was during Cast Lead where he opined that Israel was using 'disproportionate' force in defending herself and in his irritating nasal drone said something like 'some of my best friends are Jews but come on!' What a dick, I repeat.
So that's my opinion.
Ladies, feed on. You are doing the best thing for your babies. Everyone else, be supportive or shut up. The problem is in your head.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment