Friday 4 January 2013

Suckered again!

Sometimes I get sick of people commenting on how tired I look. I have had dark circles around my eyes since I was 9 years old, probably from reading under my bed covers with a flashlight when I was supposed to be asleep.
Being moderately vain of my face, which is compensating for the fact that my figure has always been a wreck, and time doesn't help on this score, I have been watching all sorts of spots and lines and sags just - appear. I've always used sunscreen, I've never smoked, but in the end, time and gravity win. So whatever skin treatment regimes I use, which seem to be getting more and more complex and expensive, in the end are probably worth bubkes.
I know all this. I KNOW all this. But it didn't stop me from buying yet another treatment 'for SERIOUS dark circles.' So OK, I actually had some airline vouchers for loyal fliers and it didn't feel like I was spending real money and they would have expired anyway. So it was sort of play money and I bought some cream to play with. This stuff sells for $150 or something. Now what I don't get is how this, and all the other things that create 'flawless complexions' and the like, can make these claims. Because they are in my experience, total lies. Total. What am I missing here? Why aren't they up for litigation for false advertising? Did they help anyone, ever? Did they ever erase a line? Smooth a wrinkle? Or fix 'SERIOUS dark circles'?
But I apply my new cream twice a day on 'clean dry skin' in 'circular movements' on the 'orbital area' feeling no 'warming effects' I am warned about, and I just keep hoping. Or do you have to actually believe in these things in order for them to work?
I don't even know why I'm bothering, it's not as if they're just dark circles.They've gone a bit 3-dimensional and are now dark pouches. And I'm not 9 any more. But please stop telling me how tired I look! I feel quite rested, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Cosmetic acupuncture plus Korean facelift massage helping me to reverse few years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark circle treatments are worthless. That is why I opt for good ol' concealer. It does wonders, and people have stopped telling me that I look like death warmed over.

    http://frumanista.blogspot.com/2012/09/concealing-dark-circles.html

    ReplyDelete